12.07.2010

VIScom: semester reflection

for the first third of the semester, my goal was survival. plain and simple. it was about getting work done.

after the dot book, i was extremely disappointed with myself and the book. i realized that i was aiming and completion, and the work suffered as a result. from that point, i forced myself to not only get deliverables in, but to aim at making the smartest moves. i have a bit of minimalism in my blood, and i think one common approach throughout was conservatism. how can i say what i need to say using simple, clean, effective solutions. i think this especially served me well in the last project.

i think the next semester will be more about exploration. now that i have a bit of experience under my belt, i'd like to take more chances. try to branch out, especially with my analog skills. i'm jealous of some of my peers command over illustration, and i'd like to develop those skills in my work.

psyched.

1 comment: