4.08.2011

VISCOM 2: final infographs

 linear progression of "what we take with us"


For the following set of infographs, I wanted to carry the strong visual impression of my icons through to the forms of the graphs. I took the angular and distorted aspects of the icons and used it to inform framing devices for the info. My color choices, though I never fessed up to it in class, are classic halloween colors you'd find on an elementary school bulletin board. Those colors in a subtle way give the impression of "spooky" or "horror" but in a fun, accessible way that I believe my icons communicate as well. I really enjoyed this "fun" approach when contrasted with some heavy and disturbing facts. It's just the twisted sense of humor I appreciate, and it communicates the mania of the MAD SCIENTIST (boom crash).


2 comments: